WALDEN BELLO RELEASED ON BAIL – THANK YOU!

Margaret McCasland

note critical typo: "Released by not free" should be "Released but not free."  The global response has made a difference, and will continue to help.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Joseph Gerson, Campaign for Peace Disarmament and Common Security <jgerson80@...>
Date: Mon, Aug 8, 2022 at 8:39 PM
Subject: WALDEN BELLO RELEASED ON BAIL – THANK YOU!
To: <mamccasland@...>

WALDEN BELLO RELEASED ON BAIL – THANK YOU!
Friends,

Thanks to all of you who have contacted the Philippine embassy, members of Congress, and others urging that Walden Bello be released after his unjust arrest – an assault on democracy by Manila’s new dictators.

As you will see in this report from the Minda News, Walden is being released on bail. Released by not free, as his trial on trumped up charges now awaits.
I think that your responses and others have helped to put the Philippine government on alert, and we will follow up with additional details as Walden’s situation develops.

Thanks again for all of the actions you have taken,

Joseph

Our work depends on your tax deductible contributions. Please consider making a donation here at:

Campaign for Peace, Disarmament and Common

Campaign for Peace Disarmament and Common Security | 4 Washburn Street, Watertown, MA 02472
Unsubscribe mamccasland@...
Update Profile | Constant Contact Data Notice
Sent by jgerson80@... powered by
Trusted Email from Constant Contact - Try it FREE today.