From: Laurie Konwinski <Laurie.Konwinski@...>
Date: Mon, Aug 1, 2022 at 11:07 AM
Subject: Vigil Tuesday: Climate Emergency
To: Interfaith Climate Justice E List <ith-interfaith-climate-justice-l@...>

RALLY TO DECLARE A CLIMATE EMERGENCY

TUESDAY AUGUST 2

4:00pm-5:30pm

Corner of Green and Cayuga streets, by the public library

The reconciliation bill negotiated by Sen. Schumer and Sen. Manchin, called the Inflation Reduction Act, has some great environmental policies in it, but it still isn’t everything we need to stop climate change.  The national movement People vs. Fossil Fuels is organizing communities to call on President Biden to declare a climate emergency to really address the devastation already happening NOW.  Please come rally with the local Sunrise Movement, Green New Deal Network, Extinction Rebellion Ithaca, and Climate Justice Cornell TOMORROW.

Coordinator, Justice & Peace Ministry in Tompkins County

Catholic Charities Tompkins/Tioga

324 West Buffalo St.

Ithaca NY  14850

607-272-5062, Press 1 for our Ithaca office, then Ext. 12

Laurie.Konwinski@...