URGENT ASK: KEEP THE NY HEALTH ACT ON THE AGENDA IN ALBANY!

Ruth Yarrow

Subject: Fwd: URGENT ASK: KEEP THE NY HEALTH ACT ON THE AGENDA IN ALBANY!

We just found out that Senate Majority Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins has the power to take items off the Senate Health Committee’s agenda. In other words, although Gustavo Rivera, the Chair of the  NYS Senate Health Committee, put a vote for the NY Health Act on the health committee’s agenda, Senator Majority Stewart-Cousins took it off.

The NYHA bill has to go through the Health Committee before going to the Senate floor.

Please call Stewart-Cousins’ office and ask her to
"Please put the New York Health Act back on the agenda!" at 518-455-2585.
It takes 20 seconds!

Thanks so much for considering

More info below ir you want.

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Ursula & YuLing, Campaign for New York Health" <info@...>

TODAY THROUGH NOON MONDAY

Dear Laurie --

We need your help to move the New York Health Act!

The agenda for the last Senate Health Committee meeting of the year does not have the New York Health Act (S5474) on it. We can’t let this critical bill stall in committee after doing so much work to get a majority of the Senate signed on as cosponsors.

We need Senate Majority Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins to hear loud and clear from supporters like you that the New York Health Act must be voted on in the Senate Health Committee before the end of this legislative session. We only have a few days to make this happen.

CLICK HERE TO CONTACT SENATE MAJORITY LEADER ANDREA STEWART-COUSINS NOW

Can you plan to call the Senate Majority Leader TODAY and make sure she hears from you directly that you want the NY Health Act to go to vote at the May 19 Health Committee meeting

CLICK HERE TO CONTACT SENATE MAJORITY LEADER ANDREA STEWART-COUSINS NOW

Your calls, emails and tweets can help keep this bill moving forward!

Help amplify this urgent call to action by sharing this Facebook post and Tweet.

Thank you for taking action for universal, guaranteed healthcare!

In solidarity,

Ursula Rozum and YuLing Koh Hsu
Co-Directors, Campaign for New York Health

P.S. - Join the Statewide Grassroots Organizing Call to #PassNYHealth, Thursday May 20, 5:30pm-6:00pm (then everyone please join our weekly phonebank 6:00pm-8:00pm)!!!

-=-=-

Campaign for New York Health 131 W 33rd St, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10001
This email was sent to lrubin55@.... To stop receiving emails, click here.
You can also keep up with Ursula & YuLing, Campaign for New York Health on Twitter or Facebook.

-=-=-

Created with NationBuilder, software for leaders.