[TC SURJ] Moving BEYOND the White Fragility Echo Chamber: "White Progressives, Daily Damage"

Nancy Riffer

I have participated in Nanette's gatherings before. She is a down to earth, straightforward and informative person. I've signed up for this event.

---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Sat, Jul 16, 2022 at 12:30 PM
Subject: [TC SURJ] Moving BEYOND the White Fragility Echo Chamber: "White Progressives, Daily Damage"
To: <tc-surj@...>

Hi All~ 

Peace and greetings. 

I highly recommend we white folks who are trying to work on our internalized (or externalized) racist sh*t attend webinars by Nanette Massey.✨There is one tomorrow! ✨

At will donation- pay more if you are more resourced and less if need be!

Powers 

Begin forwarded message:

Date: July 13, 2022 at 11:16:35 PM EDT
To: noellepowers@...
Subject: Moving BEYOND the White Fragility Echo Chamber: "White Progressives, Daily Damage"
Reply-To: NanetteDMassey@...

Online This Sunday, 7/17

Topic Sun 7/17/2022:

"White Progressives, Daily Damage"

In the introduction to White Fragility she writes "I believe that white progressives cause the most daily damage to people of color.... White progressives do indeed uphold and perpetuate racism, but our defensiveness and certitude make it virtually impossible to explain to us how we do so." I hear so much push-back from white people about this point in DiAngelo's book that I think it's time for me to talk about what that looks like from a black woman's point of view.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The book White Fragility has become a cultural touchstone for our time. Most white people, though, report having no regular contact with non-white people and can only discuss race in an "echo chamber" of other white frames of reference.

Internet webinar technology to the rescue!

With black workshop facilitator Nanette D. Massey of Buffalo, N.Y., this is your chance to contextualize race from an unfiltered, real world experience rather than theory. With frankness and practicality, Massey's goal is to leave audiences with self-clarity and the ability to participate in conversations within their own personal spheres of influence with genuine confidence, humor, and humility.

AT WILL DONATION $$  Register online at:

(corrected) Eventbrite.com registration link

Sundays

3:00 PM to 4 :30 PM Eastern

2:00 PM to 3:30 PM Central

1:00 PM to 2:30 PM Mountain

12 noon to 1:30PM Pacific

11:00 AM to 12:30 Alaska

www.NanetteDMassey.com

Copyright © 2022 NanetteDMassey.com, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in via our website.

Our mailing address is:
NanetteDMassey.com
1440 Jefferson Ave
Buffalo, NY 14208-1525

Add us to your address book

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

--
To contact the TC SURJ Coordinating Team, send email to tcsurj@....
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tompkins County SURJ Discussion/Resource" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tc-surj+unsubscribe@....
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tc-surj/2A707EE8-5500-42FC-B737-7E99B0AF3378%40gmail.com.