Support our BEST CHANCE for HEALTH CARE!

Ruth Yarrow

Please forgive multiple postings!  Ruth Y

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Ruth Yarrow <rmyarrow@...>
Date: Wed, May 5, 2021 at 11:29 AM
Subject: Support our BEST CHANCE for HEALTH CARE!

Dear Friends, Please read and take 10 minutes to act on what Judy Jones has written below.  And pass it on beyond Ithaca!  Thanks!  Ruth Yarrow

I believe you all know that the New York Health Act is on track to pass in the State legislature in June toward the end of this current session.This is possible for the first time because both houses became majority Democratic in the last election.

We are told that the last mile is the hardest, and that what is needed is "diverse and relentless grass roots pressure." You have been faithful supporters for the  many years it has taken to get to this point.I hope you will take part in the last push!

Below first find contact info for the most important sends. Then a list of possible wording - choose what speaks loudest to you, edit one,  or write your own message. Remember your opinion will be a number and likely not read by the addressee. What is needed is a flood of letters, emails and phone calls until the bill passes both houses . Consider repeat sends over the next month. The vote is projected for the second week in June.

Gov. Cuomo

Contact Us By Phone:

1-518-474-8390 | Office hours: 9:00am to 5:00pm

Contact Us By Mail:

The Honorable Andrew M. Cuomo
Governor of New York State
NYS State Capitol Building
Albany, NY 12224

Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie

Speaker@...,

  518-455-3791

Senate Majority Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins

scousins@...

(518) 455-2585

Assembly Rep Anna Kelles

kellesa@...

518-455-5444

Copy for nyhcampaign

info@...

As governor you have expressed your belief that Health Care is a human right. The ACA cannot be modified to meet that requirement. The single payer system as outlined in the New York Health Act is the only way to replace our current broken, dysfunctional profit driven system with full coverage for all.

The pandemic has revealed a failed private health care system that puts profits ahead of patients.  It has also produced many long haulers who require medical services to regain their health. Pass the NYHA to address these and many other health and economic problems.

Urge Anna Kelles to organize assembly persons to pressure Heastie to bring the NYHA to the floor.

The disparities in COVID-19 death statistics have revealed a large excess for people of color, many of these the essential workers who held our economy together during crisis times. We need the NYHAct to address these and other inequities. Do your part to help the bill pass.