Reminder: Redistributing White Wealth Launch MONDAY - Registration Required

Ruth Yarrow

An invitation to promote local equity.  Ruth

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Kate Cardona <kate.w.cardona@...>
Date: Thu, May 19, 2022 at 11:38 AM
Subject: [coalition] Reminder: Redistributing White Wealth Launch MONDAY - Registration Required
To: MAT Leadership <mat-leadership@...>, Talking Circle <talking-circle-alumni@...>, Tompkinscoalition <tompkinscoalition@...>, <mrc-advisoryboard@...>

*PLEASE SHARE WIDELY*

Hi all, a reminder of the Redistributing White Wealth Campaign Launch on Monday! Registration is required-- see below:

YOU ARE INVITED to the launch event for SURJ’s Redistributing White Wealth Campaign!

REGISTRATION LINK HERE: https://bit.ly/rwwlaunch

About the campaign:

The goal of TC SURJ’s Redistributing White Wealth Campaign is to move money that white folks in Tompkins County have access to into BIPOC-led anti-racist organizing work on an ongoing basis, with no strings attached. We invite everyone in our community to set up a monthly contribution that feels meaningful to you. More information about the campaign here: https://tompkinscountysurj.com/2022/02/07/white-wealth/

About the event:

We will kick off the campaign with an online event on Monday, May 23 at 6 pm. Hear from leaders in the organizations this campaign will resource as well as SURJ organizers and white folks who are excited to participate in wealth redistribution. And while you’re there, set up a monthly contribution and help spread the word!

What: Redistributing White Wealth Campaign Launch

When: Monday, May 23, 6-7:30 pm

Registration: https://bit.ly/rwwlaunch

Facebook Event: https://fb.me/e/1UgrPHZM5

Speakers:

Sachem Sam George, Gayogo̱hó꞉nǫʼ Nation

Nicole La Fave, Black Lives Matter Ithaca

Phoebe Brown, Ithaca Alliance of Families for Justice

Chavon Bunch, Southside Community Center

Rose Fleurant, Multicultural Resource Center

Aislyn Colgan, Campaign Participant

While this event focuses on redistributing white wealth due to ongoing legacies of white supremacy and the racial wealth gap in the U.S., all are welcome to attend and participate.

Questions about the event or the campaign? Email Ariana Taylor-Stanley at taylorstanley@....

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Adrian, Ariana, Ciele, Fran, Kate, Katie

The SURJ Accountability and Reparations Working Group