Partners for Change

Pat Sewell

Hi all, GreenStar is rolling out a new program to support non-profits. Details below.  Contact lbuttenbaum@... for more details

GreenStar is excited to introduce Partners for Change, an important component of GreenStar’s Giving program. Partners for Change will support local nonprofit organizations by directing monetary donations to the nonprofit and increasing awareness of the organization's positive impact in the community.

Nonprofit organizations are invited to review the details of Partners for Change on our website or in the attached Application Guidelines. If your nonprofit is interested in the opportunity to Partner for Change with GreenStar, please submit a completed application no later than December 3, 2021. Find the application in the attached Application Guidelines or on our website. Applications will be reviewed for eligibility by December 10 and all applicants will be notified as soon as possible about the status of their application.

GreenStar member-owners will vote through December 26, 2021 to select ten Partners for Change. The ten organizations receiving the most votes will be GreenStar’s 2022 Partners for Change. All applicants will be notified of the outcome of the vote in the last week of December.

Partners for Change has two methods of giving and offers tabling opportunities:

  • Bags for Change - Each calendar quarter, GreenStar will commit $1,000 to be divided among three organizations. The amount each organization receives at the end of the quarter will be determined by GreenStar customers. Customers who bring their own reusable grocery bag(s) will receive a token at the register to place in one of three collection bins representing three different Partners for Change. The number of tokens in each collection bin will determine the percentage of the total donation each organization receives.

  • Positive Change - Customers may round up their purchase to an even dollar amount, or more, at checkout. Each month, one of the three Partners for Change organizations in the quarter will be the recipient of 100% of the Positive Change donations.

  • Tabling - Partners for Change will be able to connect and network with GreenStar members and shoppers in our Cascadilla store through tabling opportunities. Partners will be able to schedule at least two two-hour tabling sessions per month during the quarter that they are featured. Partners will be given additional opportunities to table during the month in which they are the Positive Change recipient.

We hope your organization will consider applying to become a Partner for Change! We look forward to the opportunity to build community with you and to support the important work you do in the community. Please let us know if you have any questions.