May 2020 Minutes of Area Congregations Together (ACT), and Reports

Jim Grant

Dear f/Friends,

My apologies for sending these documents out in such an untimely manner.  I am just 'learning my job', and was not clear about how or how much to send out to interested meeting members.

I have attached a copy of the minutes of the May 2020 meeting, as well as a Treasurer's Report and reports from the two food pantries that ACT supports - the Lansing Pantry and the Ithaca Kitchen Cupboard.

I will be sending similar information from the June 2020 meeting shortly.

Peace,
Jim Grant

You never change things by fighting the existing reality.  To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.

R. Buckminster Fuller

Margaret McCasland

looks like you are doing a good job; I don't recall this being done by prior ACT reps. And good use of the rarely used Witness list. I hope more people will sign up for the witness list once they get used to the main IMM announcements list. One advantage is that groups.io can have attachments; the old listserve didn't handle them well (or perhaps not at all). Segue to a request going forward (especially since the June meeting presumably addressed racism):

Could you give a one sentence summary of each of the handouts, so we know whether we should open them? Eg: Were there any key issues ACT talked about in May?  Is/was either food pantry in need of funds or donations?