Information on the Cayuga Medical Center Appreciation Gift Campaign

Jim Grant

Cayuga Medical Center Appreciation Gift

Dear Community Member,

This has been, and continues to be, a stressful time for the people who work at Cayuga Medical Center.   They are experiencing fatigue, the pressure of working long hours during the pandemic, compounded by the sadness of caring for patients who are unable to see their families.  Some also struggle with work shifts while children are out of school.  And the worst is not over.

The Caring Committee of Temple Beth-El is spearheading an interfaith drive to show the community’s appreciation to all those who work at the hospital:  nurses, housekeepers, lab personnel, respiratory therapists—all those whose work lives have been impacted by Covid-19.

We consulted with several hospital employees about what would be useful to the staff and achievable from donors.  The recommendation was for a gift card to the hospital cafeteria, which could be used to take home meals, or have lunches there, or for coffee breaks.  Our consultants also suggested that a brief hand-written note of appreciation would be most welcome.   This is an ambitious goal, but working in concert with Area Congregations Together, we are optimistic that we can reach it.

Please consider making a gift—and inviting people in your network of friends and acquaintances to join you.  Funds should be designated to the Caring Committee Fund of Temple Beth El

You can send a check to the Temple Beth-El office with a note on the memo line “CMC Appreciation Gift”.   Our address is 402 N Tioga Street, Ithaca, NY 14850.

You may also donate online by credit card.  Go to https://www.tbeithaca.org/payment.php. Under TYPE of gift, choose (11.) Caring Committee Fund in the pull-down menu. Please consider adding 3% extra for the processing fee so that the hospital staff may receive the full amount of your gift.   In the “Payment Notes” you should indicate CMC Appreciation Gift

We would also welcome your brief thank you note to accompany the gift cards. Please write whatever you feel is appropriate, sign your first name and indicate, if you wish, your affiliated organization. Please put the notes in an unsealed envelope and leave them at the Temple or mail them in a second envelope to Melanie Kalman, 62 Buck Road, Lansing NY 14882.

 The deadline for this project is Sunday February 28th. We are grateful for any help you can give with this effort to thank those people who are working so hard to help us face this severe health crisis.