Fw: Announcement to send to Witness & Community listservs

Carol Clarke

CU Humphrey Fellowship Program is Seeking Volunteers for Global Friendship Partners

Do you like meeting people from other countries, being a cultural bridge, and/or sharing Ithaca‘s wonders? Cornell’s Humphrey Fellowship Program is seeking people to be Friendship Partners to this year’s US State Dept.-sponsored Fellows from emerging economies to add a friendly, helpful, local, human dimension beyond the Fellows’ professional programming.  You’ll have a chance to expand global connections, serve as a “cultural bridge” and help a Fellow far from home to feel a bit more connected in their new surroundings and learn more about Ithaca & the US by simply extending some friendship, conversations, or some activities together. If you/your family might be interested to learn more, please contact Linda Gasser ASAP at:  LSG3@... or call her at 607-351-0649.  This year’s Fellows-- 6 Africans, 2 South Americans, 2 Asians, and 2 from Central Asia/former Soviet states--will arrive in August and stay through early May. You need not be in town all this time, nor be connected to Cornell.  Check out links below too, for more information about what the Fellows are doing here & last year’s Fellows:

Link re Friendship Partner experiences/comments: https://cals.cornell.edu/news/2021/08/international-humphrey-fellows-build-lasting-american-friendships

Link to last year’s Fellows; : https://cals.cornell.edu/global-development/our-work/our-initiatives/hubert-h-humphrey-fellowship-program/2021-22-cohort   .

Link about the Humphrey Fellowship itself: https://cals.cornell.edu/global-development/our-work/our-initiatives/hubert-h-humphrey-fellowship-program

Linda Gasser

E-MAIL: LSG3@...

CELL: 607-351-0649

HOME ADDRESS:

804 Cayuga Heights Rd,

Ithaca, NY 14850

“We don’t know what life will bring, so it is what we bring to life that matters”

(Patricia Campbell Carlson)

Join witness@IMMRSF.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.