It's not too late to register for summer Cayuga Language classes

Karen Friedeborn

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <patlongoria@...>
Date: Tue, Jun 14, 2022 at 12:41 PM
Subject: It's not too late to register for summer Cayuga Language classes
To: <tc-hsc-l@...>

There are still a few spaces available for this summer’s Introductory Gayogohó:nǫˀ (Cayuga) Language and Culture class, and it’s not too late for you to register!

These classes are a truly amazing opportunity to introduce you to the indigenous language and culture of this place where we live directly from a first-language speaker. The Gayogohó:nǫˀ language and culture developed here, and learning it offers you as educators, students, local leaders, service providers, and lifelong learners a chance to gain a deeper understanding of our community and the people we serve. The Gayogohó:nǫˀ (Cayuga) language is considered critically endangered by UNESCO, and all class fees support Gayogohó:nǫˀ (Cayuga) language and culture revitalization efforts among Gayogohó:nǫˀ people.

If you cannot attend in person, you can register for the video-only option and attend classes asynchronously at your own pace.

Class details:

Introductory Gayogohó:nǫˀ Language and Culture class

with first-language speaker Stephen Henhawk

Mondays 6:30 - 7:30 pm

June 13 - August 29

Tutelo Park, Ithaca (Bostwick Rd near Rte 13A)

Class fee is $190 - $325*, sliding scale; video-only option available.

To reserve your spot for the in-person class or sign up for the video-only option, email gayogohono.learning.project@....

* One work study position is still available, which waives class fees for someone who can help with classes in some specific ways. Ask for details if you're interested.

To learn more about the Gayogohó:nǫˀ Learning Project’s mission and goals, visit https://gayogohono-learning-project.org/.

The Human Services Coalition of Tompkins County
Over 45 Years of Creating Solutions Together!

To learn more about HSC, follow us on facebook!

Join witness@IMMRSF.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.