Immediate need for food assistance in FSRM

clerk@ithacamonthlymeeting.org

From a fellow Farmington Scipio Regional Meeting member:

Christ is the Answer's pastor Ndanga writes:

Due to the economic effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, our members are facing financial difficulties. These families are very large, and with the children at home due to the state-issued locked down, providing for them has become difficult. Most of our members are currently unemployed because they are not as essential workers. We are fast approaching stage 3 of the governor's reopening plan, which may allow some of them to go back to work. The members that are currently employed are working less than usual hours. The hours they are working are not adequate to provide for their family.

Many Congolese families do not eat canned food. It's difficult for them because they are not accustomed to cooking with canned foods. The best way to make donations would be through gift cards, vegetables, fruits, and other forms of financial support. The monetary donations will be used to purchase groceries for the families in most need. We are genuinely grateful for any assistance we can receive.

Buffalo Meeting's Sue Tannahill writes:

Please let people know that they can request purchase [from Sue] via email, then pay via check or Paypal. This helps the money get to the congregants as fast as possible. I'll deliver to Ndanga each Friday through July 10th -- so that will be the end date of the fundraiser. More may be needed, but the economy and the Covid19 restrictions may have changed too.

Join witness@IMMRSF.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.