From: Rabbi Rachel Safman <rabbi-safman@...>
Sent: Wed, Jan 19, 2022 5:42 pm
Subject: Please join the Jewish community for a solidarity gathering in response to Colleyville - Fri, Jan 21 @ 3 p.m., Ithaca Commons

Dear Friends,

I write on behalf of faith leaders from all corners of the Jewish community, first to thank those of you who have reached out to us with messages of support in the wake of the terrifying hostage-taking incident at the synagogue in Colleyville, TX last Saturday.  While I, at least, found myself unable to respond to each of the individuals who wrote me directly, please know that your messages were heard and deeply appreciated.

I write you all now to ask that you and your congregants or co-religionists consider joining us at the Bernie Milton pavilion on the Ithaca Commons this Friday, January 21 at 3 p.m. for a public gathering of people of all faith traditions (or none) to express our solidarity in opposition to acts of hatred and antisemitism such as we have just witnessed.  We gather under the banner that united us more than a year ago when our own community experienced a wave of antisemitic activities here in Ithaca: HATE HAS NO HOME HERE.

Please circulate the attached flyer advertising this gathering to colleagues and members of your respective communities.  We hope to see you on Friday!
(Note: we are aware of the anticipated cold temperatures and intend to keep to gathering to just 30 mins).

In appreciative solidarity and peace,
-- Rabbi Rachel Safman (on behalf of the leadership of the Jewish community of greater Ithaca)

Join witness@IMMRSF.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.