Re: Workshops from Center for the Study of White American Culture

Margaret McCasland

NYYM's Sharing Fund has money to help pay for people within NYYM to attend these courses. Contact Robin Alpern for details. I have benefitted from both the "scholarship" and from some of the Center's programs.   --Margaret

On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 3:01 PM clerk@... <clerk@...> wrote:
Friends,

I wanted to let you know about some upcoming worskshops from the Center for the Study of White American Culture. For those unfamiliar, CSWAC is a project founded by Friends Jeff Hitchcock and Charley Flint (Rahway-Plainfield) whose primary goal is to "raise consciousness about the roles whiteness and white American culture occupy in the racial structure of United States society." Many IMMers have enjoyed workshops offered by the Center in the past.

From their most recent letter:
Our first workshop of the new year, Why Color Matters, begins next Thursday. It offers a deep exploration of what's wrong with colorblindness and support in developing anti-racist color consciousness. You can see other upcoming workshops here and register for them by following the links.

Gina

Join witness@IMMRSF.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.