[coalition] Join NYS Parole Justice Advocacy day virtually Tue Jan 11

Ruth Yarrow

An important step toward justice that you can zoom to join.  Ruth

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Elan Shapiro <elanshapiro343@...>
Date: Mon, Jan 3, 2022 at 11:09 AM
Subject: [coalition] Join NYS Parole Justice Advocacy day virtually Tue Jan 11
To: talkingcirc alum <talking-circle-alumni@...>, TC-HSC-L <tc-hsc-l@...>, <evi-surj@...>, Building Bridges Initiative <kirby@...>, coalition <tompkinscoalition@...>

0.png
Dear friends,

Happy New Year! 2022 represents new opportunities for us to come together for justice, and we need your help.

On Tuesday, January 11, join us and our partners with the People's Campaign for Parole Justice for our first major advocacy day of the new year. We’re asking EVERYBODY to come, rally, and meet with legislators in support of the Elder Parole and Fair & Timely Parole bills. The advocacy day will be virtual and take place via Zoom. RSVP today!

On the heels of a difficult year, when we learned that a person dies in NY prisons every three days — and when we came so close to passing the Elder Parole and Fair & Timely Parole bills to help end this crisis – we need our biggest showing yet. Can you help bring our loved ones home by joining us on Jan. 11? Can you forward this email to at least ten (10) people and ask them to RSVP too?

RSVP today at bit.ly/ParoleJusticeJan11 and share this flyer with others.

--

Elan Shapiro
Showing Up for Racial Justice

It is essential to our struggle for self-determination that we speak of love. For love is the necessary foundation enabling us to survive the wars, the hardships, the sickness, and the dying with our spirits intact. It is love that allows us to survive whole.

bell hooks

Join witness@IMMRSF.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.