Re: Elves Program

clerk@ithacamonthlymeeting.org

Dear Amala, et. al.,

I am sending these in black. This appears to be an issue with my forwarding. (Amala, please check your messages for the response I already sent you on this subject.)

Gina

On Monday, November 15, 2021, 03:59:00 PM EST, Amala Lane <laneamala@...> wrote:

Dear Clerk,

When I get these announcements that are in gray text, I find it very difficult to read. Please send with black text next time.

Thanks,
Amala

I do see the attachments are quite legible. Thankful for that. :)

On Mon, Nov 15, 2021 at 3:36 PM clerk@... <clerk@...> wrote:
Though IMM no longer has a coordinated effort to sponsor local children through the Elves program, individuals are welcome to contact Brigid about getting a child profile themselves to shop for. See information below.

Gina

Dear Elf Friends,

As in years past, we will be coordinating the Elves Program for the Beverly J. Martin Elementary School in downtown Ithaca.  Last year we were able to sponsor 108 children from BJM and several other local schools!

I’m reaching out a bit early to get a better sense of our capacity so the school can make alternative arrangements for families we are unable to assist. If you are interested in participating, please let us know as soon as possible!

I am attaching information about the Elf Program if you would like to consider sponsoring a child.  This is a non-denominational group with no overhead costs.  Everything is donated.  Last year the Elf Program sponsored over 1200 children from 35 local schools.  Many of you are past participants and we hope that you will consider sponsoring a child again this year.  We are always looking for new sponsors as well, so please feel free to forward this message on to friends and colleagues.

There are several ways in which you can help.  If you would like to shop, it generally costs $125-150 to sponsor a child.  A list of what we ask you to purchase is attached.  You can also make monetary contributions of lesser amounts that we will
pool to sponsor a child or to purchase extras like coats and boots.  It will be possible to donate by check or Venmo.

If you would like to participate or have questions about the program, please do not hesitate to contact me.  Thank you for all you do to support the Elf Program!

Best wishes,
the BJM Elves

Brigid Beachler
Managing Director,