Wheelbarrowing soil Tuesday for Project Abundance - Help

Elizabeth V. Keokosky

Hi all
I’ve just been doing the math. 1 yard of soil equals around 2000 lbs. We have ordered 7 yards for our 4 boxes. That’s 14,000 lbs of soil that has to be moved. The soil should be coming tomorrow (Agway had a delay) Tuesday.

If anybody can bring over a wheelbarrow and/or a shovel it looks like we’ll be doing it all day and maybe the next day. Even if you can bring the wheelbarrow and leave it.

Help is wanted - There are 14 wheelbarrow loads in a cubic yard for a 2-cubic-foot smaller wheelbarrow, and nine wheelbarrow loads in a cubic yard for a 3-cubic-foot construction variety.

The more people the merrier. Best wishes, Earthcare

Miguel Piery

Hi Betsy:
I am getting my second dose of the Moderna vaccine tomorrow. Sorry, but I won't be able to help.
I stopped at the Meeting today and finished cleaning one of the floral beds.
Thanks,
Miguel