Re: preparing for election day and post-election days, weeks and months

Amala Lane

Dear Friends,

Thank you for these resources. May we be lead to find ways to strengthen the peace and build community.

I have learned just now about a practical way to document the vote tallies. It's a crowd-sourced effort called https://validatethevoteusa.org/  Validate the Vote. You snap a pic of the poll tape at the end of the night. These pics are uploaded to a site which compares with the official results.

I'm looking into it. While I do not feel that's needed here in Ithaca, maybe we can spread the word to family and friends in swing states and areas where things might come down to a few thousand votes.

In Love and Light,
Amala

On Sun, Nov 1, 2020 at 2:25 PM Melissa Blake <melissablake2010@...> wrote:
There are also Protect the Results events in Syracuse and Binghamton on November 4th. Find an event here:

https://protecttheresults.com/?utm_source=Choose-Democracy

Melissa

On Nov 1, 2020, at 11:52 AM, Shirley Way <shirleyway61@...> wrote:

Dear Friends,

I imagine that you are already connected but in case some of this might be new to you:

Please forward this to others who might be interested.

Locally:

Wednesday, November 4: Nothing planned yet, but a lot may happen.  Stay tuned!  This may be true for weeks or months!

Saturday, November 7 Rally, 1pm on the Commons
This may be a celebration or it may be a demand that all votes be counted or it may be supporting one another in our grief.  We are committed to making it nonviolent. Nonviolence is the only way we win.  It calls others in.  It says we are the path to stability, recovery and healing.  We need to practice nonviolence in our thoughts, words and actions everyday so it is right here, so that it becomes the only way to be.  And as we know, we need to prepare for the long haul no matter the outcome of the election.  These are important tools to have.  Please take the time if you can:

In preparation for the November 7 rally:
Peacekeeping trainings:

If you plan to attend on November 7, please take one of these trainings:

American Friends Service Committee:
This is a recording of a training.

Count Every Vote Faith Network (registration required prior to training):
November 5, 2-3pm: Media and Messaging Training

Saturday November 7: A local peacekeeper training in-person!! is planned for 11:30am at Dewitt Park.

For those who would like to be designated peacekeepers, we will meet via zoom on Monday, November 2.  Let Shirley know and she will see that you get the information.

Prayer Vigil for a safe and peaceful election (48 hours):
Monday, November 2, 9pm until Wednesday, November 4, 9pm.
First Baptist Church in Ithaca plans to hold a prayer vigil beginning at 9 pm on the eve of the election (November 2) and continuing for 48 hours through 9 pm on November 4. Throughout the vigil, we will pause to pray on the hour every three hours: 9 pm, 12 am, 3 am, 6 am, 9 am, 12 pm, 3 pm, 6 pm.  We will also have 5 opportunities for people to join with others in prayer via Zoom on November 2 at 9 pm, November 3 at 9 am and 9 pm, and November 4 at 9 am and 9 pm. If you are interested in joining with us on Zoom, please contact fbithaca@... to get the Zoom link.

Nationally:

I recommend this training for people who can go to the polls to provide PPE and election and voter defense.  Next training: Monday, November 2, 7:30pm ET

This is where you can sign the pledge and have access to many more resources and trainings.

We look forward to keeping ourselves and you informed and potentially active in the coming days, weeks and months.

And here is a song: "This Joy" by the Resistance Revival Chorus https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TbDPwA09Bc

Peace and love,
Shirley Way

Join community@IMMRSF.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.