[quakerfolks] ADDENDUM: the Indian Boarding Schools march and ceremony This Saturday, JULY 31

Nancy Riffer

Forwarded from the Syracuse listserv. This is the march and ceremony that Maureen Lyons talked about at NYYM meeting for worship for business today

---------- Forwarded mes.sage ---------
From: Mark Briggs via groups.io <mbriggs333=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Wed, Jul 28, 2021 at 8:18 PM
Subject: [quakerfolks] ADDENDUM: the Indian Boarding Schools march and ceremony This Saturday, JULY 31
To: Quakerfolks <quakerfolks@groups.io>

WOULD YOU KINDLY FORWARD THIS TO ANY  PERSONS OR LISTS OF PERSONS WHO MIGHT BE SUPPORTIVE OF THIS MARCH AND CEREMONY?

THANKS,
MARK BRIGGS

When:         Saturday, July 31, 2021

Where:        10:00 am    March from the Onondaga Nation Lacrosse Arena on Route 11

2:00 pm      Ceremony and Speakers: Gather in downtown Syracuse at the Cathedral at Columbus Circle

Who: The event is being led by the Onondaga Nation. All are welcome to march with the Nation, and/or to gather for the ceremony. Faith communities are especially welcome.

Things to consider:

  • If you cannot walk the whole march, you can join at various points along the route. The march should be passing by Atonement Lutheran Church, 116 West Glen Ave. (right off S. Salina) between 11:15 am and 11:45, then by Rahma Health Clinic, 3100 S. Salina, around noon. More sites may be added. There will be water and snacks available at each site. Vans will follow the marchers so people who tire can ride.
  • Donations of water and carry-along snacks are needed. Please drop off at InterFaith Works by 5pm on Friday.
  • Vans to transport people who cannot walk the whole march are needed, and to transport walkers back to the Onondaga Nation after the ceremony downtown.
  • Wear orange clothing.
  • Carry a pair of children’s shoes, a child’s toy, and/or flowers, for placement at the ceremony is encouraged.

*Several of IFW’s staff attended a planning meeting (7-22-21) with the Onondaga Nation members and other community groups. We learned that Bishop Lucia will be present at the ceremony, and we hope that other faith leaders will also be present. Contact IFW for more information: Bishop Colette Matthews-Carter, (315) 449-3552 ext 111, bishopcolettecarter@...

Or Olive Sephuma, ext 205 osephuma@....

Join community@IMMRSF.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.