Re: First to know: COVID vaccine appointments available near you for age 65+

Amala Lane

Dear Friends,

My appointment was not obtained via Kinney's. Pharmacies are only able to make appointments for those over 65. I did not qualify but I qualified to get an appointment under 1b eligibility or co-morbidities. I did that through the NYS website which took me to opportunities in Binghamton, Syracuse, Rochester.  These are all state sites.

I suggest we take any questions off this thread. I just wanted to set the record straight. Email me: laneamala@... if you would like some help. Betsy's suggestion to have all your info in one place at hand is a good one. Also, try early morning or late night.

Warmly,
Amala

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 10:28 AM Elizabeth V. Keokosky <evk1@...> wrote:
Amala,
I was lucky enough yesterday to receive notification from Kinney’s while I was on the computer and started filing out info for a time slot immediately. Probably the same as you.  But by the time I finished filling out information, that time - or any days or times - were no longer available.(if was for the last 4 days of February).

It is outrageous that their site couldn’t hold the reservation till the time needed to finish entering the data.  

However if Amala got an appointment, then there must be some time limit, so my suggestion is write down all information Medicare #, license #, SS#, copies of all health insurance cards (each place you apply to for vaccinations requires something different; Kinney’s wanted obscure info from our prescription insurance), and have it for immediate access right by your computer.   

I’m taking my own advice as I write this email.   And just remember, part of the problem is that these websites are poorly written.   Betsy

On Feb 25, 2021, at 6:54 AM, Amala Lane <laneamala@...> wrote:

Dear Friends who have been having difficulties getting a vaccination appointment through local pharmacies - I signed up for notifications from Kinney's over three weeks ago - never heard a peep. I tested their site to see if there were any appointments - nada (none).  But just this morning I received this notification. I'm not yet over 65 but for those who are, please try the links below to get an appointment.  If you need help, I can try. Also, if you call 211, you can get some answers as to how to get an appointment if you don't have an easy time doing it on a computer.

With love,
Amala
---------- Forwarded message ---------
Date: Wed, Feb 24, 2021 at 2:40 PM
Subject: First to know: COVID vaccine appointments available near you for age 65+
To: <laneamala@...>

Be the first to know about COVID-19 updates
Kinney Drugs
COVID-19 Be the First to Know
Hello  - 

Kinney Drugs has just opened vaccine appointments in select stores near you. These appointments are expected to fill very rapidly.
IMPORTANT: By New York State mandate, Kinney Pharmacists can ONLY vaccinate people age 65+ by APPOINTMENT ONLY. In addition, eligible people MUST complete all NYS-mandated vaccination forms and schedule their vaccination appointments ONLINE.
ADDITIONALLY: Those 65+ should make just ONE APPOINTMENT for their FIRST dose of the vaccine. At their first appointment, Kinney Pharmacists will make the SECOND-dose appointment (about 3-4 weeks after the first dose).
Please visit the link below:
COVID Vaccination Scheduling - Dryden
COVID Vaccination Scheduling - Ithaca (Cayuga St)
COVID Vaccination Scheduling - Ithaca (Triphammer Rd)
COVID Vaccination Scheduling - Trumansburg
for additional information including:
  • How to schedule a vaccination appointment (for those age 65+ ONLY);
  • Links to all NYS-mandated online forms;
  • Expectations for vaccination appointments;
  • Transportation resources by county;
  • Facts on the Moderna vaccine; and
  • Cost (there will be no out-of-pocket cost to the patient)
Things are changing very rapidly, and we will continue to communicate details to you just as soon as we can!

In good health,

The Employee Owners of Kinney Drugs
Learn More - COVID Vaccines
Follow Us
Download Our Mobile App
Employee-owned. Locally committed. Since 1903.
520 East Main Street | Gouverneur, NY 13642
You are receiving this email because you elected to receive communications from Kinney Drugs.
Copyright 2021 | Privacy Policy | Communication Preferences

Join community@IMMRSF.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.