Luminarias are going to light up Fall Creek and and other areas of Ithaca this year!

Amala Lane

Through the Fall Creek Neighborhood Association Google group, some neighbors have decided to place luminaria along their sidewalks. There's not one settled date but it will be on and between Dec. 21, the Solstice, and Christmas Eve.   I'm going to do this using LED votives in a paper bag with a little sand to hold the bag in place. LED lights are safer. Here's a link to the tradition: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminaria

I also read that folks in other neighborhoods are planning to do this. I think it will be a lovely way to celebrate the end of a very long night and the return of the light.

Peace,
Amala

Join community@IMMRSF.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.