Supporting the hungry and a living wage

Pat Sewell

Hello everyone.  In case you did not hear, last week Ithaca's 49 year old co-op had to institute furloughs (I think for the first time) in order to get through this exceptionally tough economic time. As one of the larger living wage employers in the city, it is a good place to invest this holiday season. Additionally, they have recently set up a program with mutual aid Tompkins to fill food cabinets. Buy items off the shelf and place them in the cart in front of the Cascadilla store, or make a donation of any amount at the register. Feed the hungry and support a living wage: win-win.

There are more details in the flyer below:

We've received an overwhelming amount of support from our community since our announcement last week. So many people have sent us kind words, well wishes, and questions about what they can do to help ensure their Co-op's success. As we are not a non-profit, we cannot accept donations, but we have come up with three ways that you can help.

3 Things You Can Do To Help:
Join the Co-op or Pay Off Your Equity
Your equity investment promotes the health and sustainability of the Co-op. A Full Equity share is $90, which you can pay all at once, or in annual installments over time while receiving all membership benefits. If you haven't reached your full $90 equity investment, you can invest the full amount the next time you are in the store — or you can join today!
Give the Gift of GreenStar and Get a Bonus!
Between now and December 31, when you purchase a $50 gift card you'll receive a $10 bonus and when you purchase a $100 gift card you'll receive a $25 bonus. The bonus amount can be added to the gift card you are purchasing or on a separate card for you to use or pass along to someone else that you think might enjoy shopping at GreenStar.
Help Us Fill the Tompkins County Food Sharing Cabinets
You can choose to buy items off the shelf and place them in the cart at the front of our Cascadilla Street store, or you can make a donation of any amount at the register. The donations we collect will be used to purchase food and essential items to stock the Food Sharing Cabinets. Learn more here.
Holiday Gifts at your Co-op!

Find locally-made and Fair Trade gifts, calendars, games, candles, cookbooks, journals, wool socks, speciality food items, and so much more. You're sure to find something for everyone on your list!
November Council Meeting Report

Want to know what happened at your Co-op's November Board of Directors meeting? Read the Council meeting report here: https://greenstar.coop/novembercouncilnews/

Next Council Meeting:
Tuesday, January 12 from 6:30-9:30 pm
Meeting will be held online — please email boardadmin@... for instructions on how to attend.

Member-Owners are always welcome!

The meeting agenda is posted online here 6 days before the meeting: https://greenstar.coop/council-downloads/

GreenStar is a Living Wage Employer
We are the quintessential community business; all of our income comes directly from community; all of our profits go directly back to the community.

Robin's Koginut Sqaush is a fairly new variety that comes from Row 7 Seeds, a seed company dedicated to deliciousness that is built on collaboration between chefs, farmers, and plant breeders. This squash was named in memory of Robin Ostfeld, a collaborator on this variety and guru of organic farming in the Finger Lakes (one of the founders of Blue Heron Farm) who had always wanted to name a new variety.

How to roast a Koginut: Cut squash in half horizontally (you can save seeds for roasting), roast at 375°F, face down, for 45 minutes. Flip over, drizzle olive oil on flesh and continue roasting until soft. Enjoy!

Check out the latest Co+op Deals!
Co+op Basics for the Holidays!
Snowball Cookies
Young or old, everyone loves these holiday cookies!

Important News from Your Co-op
We urge you to shop local, support small businesses, and please support your local Co-op.

5 Tasty (and Tasteful) Foodie Gifts
‘Tis the season of giving. And nothing feels quite so jolly good as sharing a great gift with a loved one. Do you have someone on your list who loves food? Well, look no further.

STAY CONNECTED
GreenStar Food Co+op | 3 Locations, Ithaca, NY 14850
Unsubscribe p.w.sewell@...
Update Profile | About our service provider
Sent by marketing@... powered by
Trusted Email from Constant Contact - Try it FREE today.

Join community@IMMRSF.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.