From: Mary Loehr <moongoddessmary58@...>
To: Mary Loehr <moongoddessmary58@...>
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2020, 12:02:42 PM EST
Subject: Fw: Benefit auction for immigrants & refugees, starts today

Hi friends, I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving, and is doing well.
Here is a notice about the auction that my non-profit ESL school is holding this week. There are some good gifts on there.  Fishing kits for the young fisher person in your life. Quilts. An American Girl Doll. Gift certificates to restaurants and stores. Unique Zoom experiences from our students, from all over the world. All proceeds will benefit the lives of immigrants and refugees. Check it out!
love, Mary

Here is the link: Open Doors, Open Lives

F2020 Auction Poster 2 link.jpg
Hello friends,
Open Doors English's silent auction has started!

At this time more than ever, welcoming spaces like Open Doors English are especially important. This is your opportunity to support our inspiring school that welcomes everyone, turns no one away, and is a place of refuge.

What: Participate in our silent auctionSupport a great cause AND do some gift shopping for the holidays!
When:  Start bidding on Cyber Monday (11/30)! Join us for our "live" closing event (via Zoom) on Saturday, Dec. 5th @ 7:30PM! *Select items will be auctioned "live" at this event.
How: The auction will be entirely online. Visit 32auctions.com/opendoorsenglish2020

Items up for auction include:
Unique offerings from ODE students
Quilts
Food
Wine
Local Art
Specialty Services
...and so much more!

EVERY DOLLAR COUNTS
The proceeds of this auction will directly supplement student tuition costs. Our students pay on a self-selected sliding scale anywhere from $0-$150 for four weeks of class. Due to COVID and the increased financial strain many of our students are experiencing, tuition payments are averaging $30 per student per month--a significant drop. More than ever before, the immigrants and refugees in our classes need your support to continue accessing Open Doors English's vital services!

Open Doors English already operates on a shoestring, and our teachers make half the prevailing wage for professional ESL teachers. Your bids matter! As you peruse our fabulous array of auction offerings, consider the impact of your bids in the knowledge that your generosity is deeply appreciated!

Questions? Contact Mary Loehr: mloehr.ode@...

Open Doors English is a project of the Center for Transformative Action

Join community@IMMRSF.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.