Zoom gathering this Sunday, 8/14, at 9am about Quaker Call to Action regarding threats to democracy

Carol Clarke

Hello Friends,
On Sunday, 7/31, five of us from IMM (Amala, Betsy, Carol, Carolyn and Margaret McCasland) participated in a national conversation hosted by Earlham School of Religion about the Quaker Call re: threats to democracy. The call was issued by 19 Friends from across the US in May and since then has been signed by many individuals and Quaker groups (including--not without controversy--NYYM).

Most of us who were part of the Earlham zoom met last week to see how we might bring discussion of the call to IMM.  While monthly meetings and other organizations can sign onto the call, the primary purpose of the call is to inspire individuals to do personal and/or community-based actions to help keep democracy vital and safe in the US.

The four of us who met decided to invite others in IMM to join us in a zoom gathering this Sunday, 7/14 from 9am to 10am to answer questions about this and to share our leadings about what we are doing or would like to do in response to this call.

Note that the call is about the democratic process and responses need to be non-partisan.

We will send out the zoom link for this call on Saturday, 8/13.

thanks,
Carol Clarke

Where is God in this picture? God is all over the place. God is up there, down here, inside my skin and out. God is the web, the energy, the space, the light ...revealed in that singular, vast net of relationship that animates everything that is. . . .    Barbara Brown Taylor

Whenever I groan within myself and think how hard it is to keep writing about love in these times of tension and strife which may at any moment become for us all a time of terror, I think to myself “What else is the world interested in?” What else do we all want, each one of us, except to love and be loved, in our families, in our work, in all our relationships. God is Love. —Dorothy Day