YOUR Input is Needed for the 2021 State of the Meeting Report

clerk@ithacamonthlymeeting.org

Every year, New York Yearly Meeting (the statewide+ body of Quakers) ask Monthly Meetings to consider a series of queries and to use these queries to compile a State of the Meeting report. This report is intended as a snapshot in the life of a Meeting, not necessarily a list of things that happened, though specific projects or tasks might be listed. It speaks to our communal spiritual condition, our longings, our achievements, our shared failings - anything we feel should be included to capture the life of Ithaca Monthly Meeting in 2021. This report is then passed on to Farmington Scipio Regional Meeting to compile a State of the Region report, and to the Yearly Meeting for a State of the YM report.

All IMM Friends are invited to respond to NYYM's queries and/or share other reflections or ministry for possible inclusion in the report. There will be two* specific opportunities to do this:

Sunday, January 23, 9-10:15am at the Third Street Meetinghouse (in-person only)
Sunday, January 30, 7-8:30pm via Zoom (online only)

*If further worship sharing on these queries is needed, M&W will organize additional times.

Friends who unable to attend either session are also welcome to send thoughts digitally to Carol Clarke at firetendercarol@..., who will be compiling the final report on behalf of IMM.

Please find this year's queries below for your consideration.

Gina

  1. In the past year, what hope, opportunities, stumbling blocks, joys, sorrows, traumas, and/or spiritual awakenings and growth have you* experienced? What has surprised you*? Have you* experienced hope, concern, or uncertainty for the future? What vision (if any) do you* have or imagine for the future?

  2. How have you* addressed the realities, fears, and practical nuts & bolts of meeting during the Covid-19 pandemic as a worship body or as an at-large member?

  3. How has addressing social and political concerns, social justice, personal accountability, political polarization  (including structural patterns) --whether in society or your meeting community--affected the spiritual life of the community/at-large member?

  4. If you* have engaged in anti-racism work, how have you* spiritually addressed and integrated becoming actively anti-racist (through worship, discernment, programs etc.)?  What spiritual challenges have you* encountered in this work? What might you* need from the Yearly meeting to deepen this work?

  5. We invite you* to share ways the yearly meeting can support the spiritual life of your worship community or anything else you* would like to share.

*When we use “you” in the queries, it is speaking to any or all who may be responding to the queries as individuals or as communities.

Barbara Chase

Friends,

Join us for Worship Sharing tomorrow, Sunday Jan 30 at 7pm on Zoom to reflect on this year’s queries for the State of the Meeting report.  The queries are listed below in Gina’s email that I have forwarded again to refresh our memories.

Barbara

Here is the Zoom link:

To join the Zoom Meeting, click this link https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84821503301?pwd=OFpoRlJhTFBOenhtek1DQmxyTVJOQT09 Meeting ID: 848 2150 3301 Passcode: friends To join the meeting by phone, dial by your location 646-518-9805 and when prompted enter the Meeting ID: 848 2150 3301 One tap mobile +19292056099,,84821503301# US (New York) +16465189805,,84821503301# US (New York)
Organizer: IMM Events

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: [IMMRSF Announcements] YOUR Input is Needed for the 2021 State of the Meeting Report