Saturday Noon to 1 pm DeWitt Park Hiroshima-Nagasaki Remembrance

Ruth Yarrow

Dear Friends,

     As our Faith and Practice says, “We repudiate war because it violates the primacy of love, destroys lives that God has given, and tears the fabric of society.”  Because the war in Ukraine and conflicts elsewhere have exacerbated the threat of nuclear war, the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists continues to place their clock’s hand at 100 seconds to midnight, noting that it is “ remaining the closest it has ever been to civilization-ending apocalypse.”

     Please join us on Saturday August 6 from noon to 1 pm in DeWitt Park for an hour of worship-sharing as we remember the victims of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings 77 years ago, and the steps needed to move back from the brink.

     Please bring a chair if you need one.  Thank you for considering joining us.

     IMM Peace and Social Justice Committee