Saturday 4/9/22 Powell House workshop on Quaker Support Structures

Bronwyn Mohlke

Friends,

There is a Powell House 2 hour workshop on Saturday, April 9 (from 10:00 a.m. to noon) that looks really interesting!  Here is a link (with a link on that page to register), and details below.  I will be attending, and would be interested in talking with IMM Friends about it.  I hope to see some of you there!

Bronwyn

QUAKER SUPPORT STRUCTURES: THE BASICS AND A LITTLE MORE

In the past few generations, Quakers have found a variety of types of support structures useful, such as clearness committees, spiritual accountability groups, anchor committees, eldering, and mentoring relationships.  These various approaches provide community help with personal discernment, spiritual growth, faithfulness, and ministry.  In this gathering, we’ll first explore the usual ways in which these support structures function and are accessed.  Then, we’ll spend the second half of our time in conversation about other forms of support: friendships, informal spiritual networks, cross-generational relationships, connections outside our cultural norms, and more.

Emily Provance is a member of Fifteenth Street Meeting and thinks of New York City as home, though she now travels in the ministry full time. She came to Friends after seventeen years of searching for a faith community. She understands the Religious Society of Friends to be a covenant community and has spent time with Friends from various branches of the tradition in Kenya, Belize, Britain, Ireland, Tanzania, Palestine, Mexico, Peru, and the United States.  She is an associate of Good News Associates.

Nancy Riffer

I've signed up. Or I should say, I tried to register and was unable to "complete the process at this time." So I sent an email to PH saying sign me up and I'll pay later.

I'm looking forward to it. Thanks, Bronwyn