Topics

Please join - Huge virtual rally for health care for all!!

Ruth Yarrow

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Judith Jones <jwj2@...>
Date: Mon, May 18, 2020 at 1:09 PM
Subject: Please join - Huge virtual rally for health care for all!!
To: FL4NYH-working-group@... <FL4NYH-working-group@...>, FL4NYH Minutes Admin <FL4NYH-Minutes@...>, Dianne Ferriss <df14@...>, Jill & Dennis <jru71@...>, bhw2@... <bhw2@...>, Judy Jones <jwj2@...>, Melanie Kozlowski <mk.wildflowers@...>, judith@... <judith@...>, Persephone Doliner <persephone47@...>, Ruth Mike Yarrow <rmyarrow@...>, kbkwilcox@... <kbkwilcox@...>, Jo Marcia Todd <jomarcia.todd@...>, Cathy Currier <ctyh612@...>, Nancy Siegele <nancysiegele@...>, kathymclaren458@... <kathymclaren458@...>, Laurie Snyder <snydwood@...>, Ann Halpern <anhalpern1@...>, Laurie Rubin <lrubin55@...>, JoAnn Palmer <mokey377@...>, wendy.wallitt@... <wendy.wallitt@...>, Ann Caren <acaren@...>, Yvonne Fogarty <asia@...>, Debby Halpern <debby@...>, Carmen Blankinship <cb16@...>, Robbie Sanders <sandersrobbie13@...>, Linda Godfrey <godfrey@...>

Hello to all: This Wednesday at 12 noon the New York Health Campaign will be conducting a huge virtual rally. We want to send an overwhelming amount of messaging to our NY government in Albany that NOW is the time to pass the NYHA.  ITS an EMERGENCY!!!  We need this law now. Here are ways you can join and help!!

1. Join a huge Zoom  - register here now

https://www.nyhcampaign.org/digital_organizing_and_virtual_rally_prep

dress for it - wear red and pin a sign to your front that bears your best message. If you are registered you will be sent zoom instructions on Wed am. Be sure to log in early.

2. Send messages to your legislators on Wed May 20th am. The registration page gives you twitter feed etc if you are facile with social media. Send email to the legislators below, selecting the appropriate Senator for your home address. See sample messages below or write your own from the heart.

            Gov Cuomo Call number,  1-518-474-8390

            email: type Gov Cuomo address in browser search box, first search item             will link

          Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie: <Speaker@...>

            Senate Speaker Andrea Stewart Cousins: <scousins@...>

            Senator P Helming  (Lansing)  helming@...

            Senator T O'Mara ( Ithaca, Trumansburg, Enfield, Newfield) <omara@...>

            Senator James Seward  (Groton, Dryden, Caroline, Danby)  <seward@...>

Sample Messages

Over 1.5 million New Yorkers have filed for unemployment since March. Health insurance shouldn’t be tied to employment. Lawmakers must #PassNYHealth for guaranteed coverage for all New Yorkers regardless of employment status:

COVID-19 is harming low-income, immigrant, and communities of color, bc of structural inequities in our healthcare system. We need to #PassNYHealth to build a truly equitable and just healthcare system for all NYers

#COVID19 shows just how underprepared our fragmented and profit-driven system is for a pandemic. We can support our frontline healthcare workers by implementing universal, guaranteed healthcare.

3. Ask all your family and friends to send messages as well.

The listserv is for announcements pertaining to official events of the Ithaca Monthly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends only. For community discussion of interests to Friends, try our groups.io list. Please send a blank email to community+subscribe@IMMRSF.groups.io.