Topics

Peace & Social Justice Committee

Elizabeth Schneider

Peace & Social Justice Committee is an Open Committee

The Peace & Social Justice Committee is an open committee, which means that participation is open to any Friend who wishes to be a part of it.  Participation does not go through the Nominating Committee process. All are welcome at our meetings, which are held on the third Sunday of the month at 12:30. Of course, at this time, we are meeting via Zoom.
In December the following Friends met: Margaret McCasland, Miguel Piery, Elizabeth Schneider, Garry Thomas and Ruth Yarrow.  We began a discussion on how we wish to organize the Committee and what we wish to focus on in the year ahead. We agreed to continue working with the Friends Committee on National Legislation (FCNL), and to continue following the local issue of the possible reorganization of the Ithaca Police and the Tompkins County Sheriff's Office.  We discussed other matters and will continue to decide how we wish to focus our energies.  If you have interest in the Committee, some ideas you would like to share, or just questions, please contact Elizabeth at 351-0057 or at
neschneid@.... She can also provide the Zoom address.