Topics

Our house continues to be closed to us, Friends, but our "church" is not.

clerk@ithacamonthlymeeting.org

"For the steeple-houses and pulpits were offensive to my mind, because [...] people called them the house of God, and idolized them; reckoning that God dwelt there in the outward house. Whereas they should have looked [...] in their hearts, and their bodies to be made the temples of God."

- The Journal of George Fox
I open my email with this quote, knowing that it's language won't be comfortable for everyone, to shine a light on one of the challenges and opportunities presented to IMM in these unexpected times. Many of us are anxiously awaiting a time when the Third Street Meetinghouse and the Hector Meetinghouse are open for worship and fellowship together once again. (I fantasize about it myself sometimes.) But Quakers have a whole history of eschewing physical structures when the desire for them stands between Friends and faith.

Our community is continuing to gather - in small and large numbers, in fields and online, in formal and informal ways. If you are not taking advantage of any of these ways to connect or to grow in the spirit, I would really encourage you to do so. Personally, I have never felt more a part of our Meeting than in these past few months, and I attribute so much of that to the new spaces (and places) we have created together.

Consider taking advantage of these opportunities for growth and connection in the coming week with IMM:

Sunday
Meeting for Worship
10:30-11:15am

Or call (929) 205-6099 and enter:
Meeting ID: 372 632 479
Password: friends

Monday
Check-In
5-5:45pm

Or call (929) 205-6099 and enter:
Meeting ID: 997 004 069
Password: friends

Tuesday
Worship Sharing (facilitated by Cai Quirk)
7-8:30pm

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86721804404?pwd=TjlTa0NoRUtnRHMyTW9mcmdTeUEvdz09
Or call (929) 205-6099 and enter:
Meeting ID: 867 2180 4404
Password: 455368

Wednesday
Check-In
5-5:45pm

Or call (929) 205-6099 and enter:
Meeting ID: 997 004 069
Password: friends

Thursday
IMM Religious Education
Quaker Basics: How have Quaker testimonies been applied in different historical contexts? (facilitated by Melissa Blake)
7-8:30pm