NYYM Winter Meetings for Discernment

clerk@ithacamonthlymeeting.org

Please find information on New York Yearly Meeting's next Meetings for Discernment below.

Gina

Has your meeting been facing questions about what it means to show up as a faithful Quaker community at this moment? What can we envision for our future? At the Winter 2022 Meeting for Discernment, we will be seeking light on these kinds of questions.

We will offer the following query to begin this exploration:

How am I being changed by the movement of Spirit? Are there ways I am resisting Spirit’s promptings? How does my resistance point me toward that place where I embrace change, where I become changed? How am I being called to attend to the movement of Spirit within?

Corporately, in our monthly meetings and yearly meeting, where are our places of resistance to Spirit’s call? How are we learning to become more imaginative and adaptive? How will we co-create a welcoming and resilient community where all will thrive?

The meeting will be held over three Zoom sessions on Saturday, February 26. There will be a meeting on the evening of Friday, February 25 for anyone interested in eldership. For the first two sessions on Saturday we will workshop on the query above. The final session on Saturday will be for reflection on what we've heard and what we’ve experienced. Below are more details for each session.

Friday, February 25, 7 - 8:30pm: A gathering of Friends interested in holding the body throughout the meetings for discernment sessions. Friends will share their experiences of eldership and prepare for Saturday's sessions.

Saturday, February 26th, 9 - 11am: The first session for extended worship on the query above.

Saturday, February 26th, 12:30 - 2:30pm: The second session for extended worship on the query above.

Saturday, February 26th, 4 - 6pm: A reflection session to consider what we've heard and what we've experienced.