Meetings for Discernment at NYYM Summer Session (via Zoom)

clerk@ithacamonthlymeeting.org

I have been asked to male sure you all are aware that the next Meetings for Discernment will happen at the start of NYYM Summer Sessions (to be held online) July 23-24. Please consider attending these sessions. More information follows.

Gina

Has your meeting been facing questions about what it means to show up as a faithful Quaker community in these times? At the Summer 2021 Meetings for Discernment, we will gather together for periods of extended, waiting worship around queries designed to discern leadings and strengthen connections in our yearly meeting. The Summer Meetings for Discernment will be held in Zoom sessions on Friday, July 23 and Saturday, July 24, at the beginning of Summer Sessions.

This year, the Meeting for Discernment Steering Committee was engaged by the theme for Summer Sessions, Becoming a Sanctuary Where Spirit Dwells. Holding an understanding of sanctuary as inner and outer, available to all spiritually and desperately needed by many living under the oppressions of the world, the Meeting for Discernment Steering Committee offers these queries: How do we embody sanctuary as we live into becoming an anti-racist society? When/how have you experienced sanctuary? When/how have you created sanctuary? When/how have you needed sanctuary?

Friday, July 23, 7:30 - 9:00 p.m.: A gathering of Friends interested in holding the body throughout the Meetings for Discernment sessions. Friends will share their experiences of eldership and prepare for Saturday's sessions. Anyone new to Meetings for Discernment is welcome.  Bring your questions!

Saturday, July 24, 9-11 a.m.: The first session for extended worship on the queries.

Saturday, July 24, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Drop-in Social Lunch

Saturday, July 24, 12:30-2:30 p.m.: The second session for extended worship on the queries.

Saturday, July 24, 4-6 p.m.: A reflection session to consider what we've heard and what we've experienced.

Summer Sessions registration will give registrants access to the Zoom links for the Meetings for Discernment. See the NYYM website for more general information about Meetings for Discernment.