Invitation to meet with Friends about racial solidarity and justice journey

Carol Clarke

Hello Friends,
As many of you may know, there have been two different groups of Friends who have met to discuss the book 'Me and White Supremacy'  over the last year. These groups have decided to meet together to take further steps on our journey with racial solidarity and justice. It is not necessary to have read this particular book to participate.

We would like to invite IMM Friends to join us if you wish to engage about racial solidarity and justice with other Friends. All are invited to meet together on zoom on Aug 4 from noon to 1:30. This will be an opportunity to listen to each other share where we are on this journey. All perspectives and emotions are welcome.

We will be reflecting on these queries:
1. What would I like to share (could be where I am, what I am, what I'm coming with, what I'm hoping)?
2. How do we support each other in this journey?
3. How do we become a spiritual community that has racial solidarity and justice as a moving force?

If you would like to join this conversation, please email me and I will send you the zoom link.

Thanks,
Carol Clarke

Where is God in this picture? God is all over the place. God is up there, down here, inside my skin and out. God is the web, the energy, the space, the light ...revealed in that singular, vast net of relationship that animates everything that is. . . .    Barbara Brown Taylor

...humans tend to live themselves into new ways of thinking more than think themselves into new ways of living.   Richard Rohr