Interest in hearing more about AFSC?

Bronwyn Mohlke

Friends,

Willie Colon, who works with AFSC (American Friends Service Committee), will be in Ithaca on Monday and Tuesday, July 25 & 26.  When he visited a few years ago, some of us got together with him over a dish-to-pass supper and got to hear what AFSC was working on, and got to ask him questions.  Only a few of us were there, but it was a rich time together.

Would you be interested in meeting with Willie?  We could plan a time when Friends could be outside the Meetinghouse, weather permitting, or be inside, spaced apart with masks on.

I will be away at Summer Sessions that week, but please let me know by Thursday of this week if you would like to meet with him either late afternoon or evening on Monday 7/25 or Tuesday 7/26.

For those of you not familiar with AFSC, here is a brief description:

The American Friends Service Committee is a Religious Society of Friends founded organization working for peace and social justice in the United States and around the world. AFSC was founded in 1917 as a combined effort by American members of the Religious Society of Friends to assist civilian victims of World War I.

I hope that some Ithaca Friends will meet with Willie.

Bronwyn