Topics

IMM COVID-19 Response

Melissa Travis Dunham

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Gina Varrichio <ginavarrichio@...>
Date: Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 10:32 PM
Subject: IMM COVID-19 Response
To: announcements@immrsf.groups.io <announcements@immrsf.groups.io>, IMMRSF-L <immrsf-l@...>

At March's Meeting for Worship with Attention to Business, the following planned response to the COVID-19 outbreak was approved. I am sending it out via the listserve to ensure everyone has had a chance to read it. We are still in the process of implementing this protocols. We ask for everyone's support in keeping the meetinghouse as safe a space as possible by adhering to these policies for the time being.

Businesses, houses of worship, and other public facilities are taking steps to safeguard their buildings and communities from disease, largely to control the spread of COVID-19 (the novel coronavirus). Ministry and Worship suggests Ithaca Monthly Meeting take the following steps to support the health of the meeting community and of those who share the meetinghouse.

1)      Post signs outside each door to the meetingroom and each door to the library that state the following:

Help us control the spread of disease in our community and in this building.

·         Wash your hands often with soap and water.

·         Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.

·         Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue (or sleeve) when coughing or sneezing.

·         Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated.

·         Try to avoid close contact with sick people.

·         Avoid sharing cups/water bottles, utensils, lip balm, etc.

·         Stay home if you suspect you may be sick.

2)      Post signs inside each bathroom that state the following:

Help us control the spread of disease in our community and in this building by washing your hands thoroughly.

·         Wet your hands with clean, running water (warm or cold), turn off the tap, and apply soap.

·         Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap. Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers, and under your nails.

·         Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds. Need a timer? Hum the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end twice.

·         Rinse your hands well under clean, running water.

·         Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.

3)      Temporarily remove cloth towels from the bathrooms and cloth rags from the kitchen, replacing them with disposable paper towels.

4)      Ask for volunteers to wipe down door handles, lightswitches, railings, and chairs before Meeting for Worship each week for the duration of the COVID-19 outbreak.

6)      Be acutely aware that some people may not feel comfortable shaking hands or having other physical contact at this time. This may also include the traditional "closing handshake" after Meeting for Worship. Please be respectful of the physical boundaries people communicate. Palms pressed together prayerfully, bows, waves, grins, and jazz hands are all welcome alternatives to a handshake.