John Lewis

Thank you Carol for sending me this correspondence as I join TSMC.  I would just like to add that before we purchase any sound system to improve the hybrid system that we revisit how to improve the sound for those with hearing difficulties.  They should be done at the same time as a system for hearing assistance of attenders could also be used for the zoom audio.

John

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 8:23 PM Carol Clarke via groups.io <firetendercarol=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Resending this in response to your email today.   Please let me know if you have any further questions.
C.

Where is God in this picture? God is all over the place. God is up there, down here, inside my skin and out. God is the web, the energy, the space, the light ...revealed in that singular, vast net of relationship that animates everything that is. . . .
  Barbara Brown Taylor

The only way out and through—for either side of any dualism ...—is a kind of universal forgiveness of Reality for being what it is; it thus becomes the bonding glue of grace which heals all the separations ...  Richard Rohr

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Carol Clarke <firetendercarol@...>
To: Melissa Travis Dunham <mtravisdunham@...>; Marin Clarkberg <clarkberg@...>
Cc: Nancy Riffer <nancyriffer00@...>; Tony Serviente <tsglass314@...>; Patricia Pingel <pingpatr@...>
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2020, 12:57:45 PM EDT
Subject: Re: Installing tech equipment in TSM - Response from TSMC

Hi Comm Comm,
Thank you again for this email from Melissa which posed the questions to us so clearly and I apologize for not responding to Marin's email about the projector, etc. earlier.

Here are the Minutes from our TSMC meeting this morning on this topic:

"TSMC is grateful to the Communications Committee for its work to make zoom and hybrid meetings possible during this difficult year.    We see no need to weigh in on decisions about purchasing the equipment to improve hybrid meetings and defer to the Communications Committee’s process and judgement about what is needed.   The only caveat is that TSMC does not want a window to become unable to open if a camera is mounted on a window sill.  Other than that stipulation, TSMC will support the Communication Committee’s plans to upgrade equipment for hybrid meetings.   When purchases have been made and it is time to install the equipment on the ceiling (and window sill if this will not interfere with the window function), TSMC will assist the Comm Comm in identifying somebody who can work with Comm Comm to get this done.   It may or may not be somebody on TSMC (probably not) but TSMC will find someone who will show up and follow the instructions of somebody in Comm Comm to get new equipment mounted on the ceiling, etc."

Please let me know if you have any further questions for us about this.

We are really happy to have a Communications Committee that is doing so much for IMM!   Thank you for all your efforts on IMM's behalf.

Carol

Where is God in this picture? God is all over the place. God is up there, down here, inside my skin and out. God is the web, the energy, the space, the light ...revealed in that singular, vast net of relationship that animates everything that is. . . .
  Barbara Brown Taylor

The only way out and through—for either side of any dualism ...—is a kind of universal forgiveness of Reality for being what it is; it thus becomes the bonding glue of grace which heals all the separations ...  Richard Rohr

On Wednesday, October 28, 2020, 09:16:06 PM EDT, Melissa Travis Dunham <mtravisdunham@...> wrote:

Hi Carol,

Marin included you on an email she sent a month ago about new projector and other equipment for the meetingroom. Comm Comm hasn't made any decisions yet about which exact equipment we should get, but we're clear on the type of equipment we need to create the best hybrid worship experience for both those in the room and those online. That equipment includes:
  • a new projector
  • a mounting device to attach the projector from the ceiling, hiding it behind the horizontal beam
  • speakers mounted higher, probably near the ceiling on the vertical support beams
  • a bracket to mount our camera to a windowsill
Can you please ask the TSMC for thoughts on how our two committees should proceed with this discussion and decision making? Does TSMC want to be involved in the review and discussion of equipment to buy? Or would you prefer to let Comm Comm do the reviewing and deciding and TSMC can be pulled in after we've settled on something but before we buy anything? Or are you ok with Comm Comm reviewing, deciding, and buying, and then just let TSMC know the plan?  Do you have questions or concerns about the equipment and installation that we should keep in mind?

Comm Comm is also wondering about installation once the equipment is purchased. Would TSMC prefer to do or arrange for the installation? Is there someone on TSMC or involved in the Meetinghouse who could install all the equipment? Or should Comm Comm figure out the installation plan and take care of it?

thanks,
Melissa

clerk@ithacamonthlymeeting.org

Dear Friends,

These messages are unintentionally coming to the listserve. Please check you outgoing email addresses. For those not on Comm Comm or TSMC, please disregard.

Gina

On Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 9:34:01 AM EST, John Lewis <johnslewisiv@...> wrote:

[...]

Elizabeth Schneider

Thank you for this e-mail.  When I was on ARCH, there was a real concern about making the Meetinghouse accessible for those with hearing difficulties.  I am pleased that it remains a goal.

Elizabeth