Topics

February newsletter omissions #newsletter

Marin E. Clarkberg

Darn it, I overlooked two emails this month.  Please take a minute with at least the headlines, here:

1.  Comfort Quilt - We are working on designing and creating quilts to lend out to Friends who are going through health or other issues, as a way to let them know we are thinking of them. There are a couple of ways you can get involved:

  • You can join the fun planning, cutting, and sewing! Let Kris or Bronwyn know if you're interested.
  • You can donate clean, preshrunk 100% cotton fabric for the quilts. Bring fabric to Meeting.

2.  Game night February 22 – Oh yeah!  Dish to pass at 5 followed by games for all ages. Bring your favorite games and come play. The perfect way to pass a winter's evening.

3.  Talent show March 21 – Put it on your calendar now. Start rehearsing and gathering up your works of art because the talent show is coming and it is time for you to shine! Bring knitting, singing, baking, anything you're good at and share them with your Friends. Dish to pass and displays, followed by show.

4.  State of the Meeting discussions Every year New York Yearly Meeting asks its monthly meetings to each prepare a State of the Meeting report. We have at least a couple of meetings to discuss what should be in this report, with note takers, and then a member (or attender) of Meeting takes those notes, writes a draft of the report, and then presents that draft to a monthly Meeting for Business.

It's that time of year. Our State of the Meeting Report is due in April. Ministry and Worship has planned two discussion times in the hopes of catching as many folks as we can at least once- Tuesday, February 11th at 6 PM and Sunday, February 23rd at 9 AM.

We need a note taker on each of those days. It can be two different people, or one person who can come both times. We also need someone to attend both meetings, receive the notes, and then draft the report in time for Meeting for Business in March.

Are you led to take on any of these roles? If so, please reach out to me (Asha Sanaker) or another member of Ministry & Worship (Dreia Spies, Gina Varrichio, Kris Altucher, Nancy Riffer) by Friday, January 31st.

If you have an interest, but have some questions, feel free to approach any of us with those questions to help you discern your leading.

5. The Census needs you.  The United States Census Bureau is hiring thousands of temporary workers to help complete the upcoming 2020 Census. Apply at 2020census.gov/jobs  Census Takers- $20/hr and $.58/mile

Supervisors- $22/hr and $.58/mile No education or experience requirements  Flexible schedule Weekly pay Paid Training Work in your own neighborhood Email questions to Shannon.Wright@...

Thank you for understanding!

  • Marin

Marin Clarkberg, IMM Newsletter editor

150 Giles Street, Ithaca 14850  607.279.4722