Topics

ACT Thanksgiving Service Sunday Nov 22 at 3pm

Margaret McCasland

from Jim Grant: below and attached:

Share your thoughts on
gratitude in hard times

For many years, Area Congregations Together (ACT), has been holding a Thanksgiving Service on the Sunday before Thanksgiving, to which the whole community has been invited.  This year's service will be by Zoom, because of the restrictions of Covid-19.

This Thanksgiving Service will be held at

3 p.m. on
Sunday, November 22nd.

In this different format, we are seeking a variety of participants from diverse congregations, backgrounds and ages throughout the county to volunteer to make brief (1 - 2 minutes) presentations on the topic:

Finding gratitude in hard times:  What I learned from the impacts and challenges of Covid-19, economic crisis, and political polarization.

These brief reflections will be punctuated by silence, meditation and prayer, led by Suzanne Scholten.

If you or someone in your congregation would like to share in this way, please send the name of the volunteer(s) and contact information to:

Jim Grant, ACT Chairperson, at jag8452@...

by Thursday, November 19th.

For a Zoom link to the Service, send the message “ZOOM EOM” to the same address.