From: Powell House <info@...>
Date: Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 5:00 PM
Subject: Powell House: Drawing on Our Quaker Roots
To: <msmellie@...>

Coming to an online screen near you!
Register now for the following virtual workshop scheduled this coming weekend:
Saturday, October 3 (Afternoon)

Direct Action: Drawing on our Quaker Roots” with Pete Doubtfire, 2:00pm-4:00pm.

Friends have felt called to take forms of direct action from the very beginnings of Quakerism – compelled by an inner leading to confront injustice in a very outward way. What inner leadings speak to us today? What outward forms can our action take in these socially distanced times?

This workshop will be an opportunity to reflect on a 2019 action against the DSEI arms fair in London, UK, and the spiritual and practical preparation that helped over 700 Quakers take part. We’ll have a chance to share reflections on direct actions that you may have been part of, and to consider how we can continue to take action with integrity in complex and changing circumstances.
Pete Doubtfire is coordinator of Peace Hub, a Quaker-run project based in Birmingham, UK, that aims to get the public interested and engaged in peace & social justice (learn more at peacehub.org.uk). He is also part of Quaker Roots, the group that helped Friends take part in the DSEI action. Pete came to Quakers for the Testimonies and stayed for the community. 10 years on he is a part of Bull Street Meeting in Birmingham.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR THESE RETREATS:
ALSO OFFERED WEEKLY:

On Saturday Evenings: PoHo Worship at 6:00 p.m. on Zoom
Powell House | 524 Pitt Hall Road, Old Chatham, NY 12136

Sent by info@... powered by
Trusted Email from Constant Contact - Try it FREE today.

--

Melanie-Claire Mallison
NYYM Spring Fall Sessions Coordinator & Liaison

(home/cell) 607-280-8182
(email) MsMellie@...

"Fortune brings in some boats that are not steered."

From “Cymbeline” by William Shakespeare