QVS Applications are Open!

clerk@ithacamonthlymeeting.org

This is a message from Quaker Voluntary Services to Young Adult Friends.

Gina

Hello Ithaca Friends Meeting !

I am Christina Dunbar, an alum of and recruiter for Quaker Voluntary Service (QVS). I am reaching out to Friends meetings because QVS would be a great opportunity for young adult friends or relatives of Friends in transition to practice Quaker values and deepen their spirituality. Quaker Voluntary Service (QVS) applications are open for the 2022-2023 Fellowship year, and I would be very grateful if you could share the below blurb with our Friends community!

"Grounded in the Quaker faith tradition and open to people of all backgrounds, QVS is a year-long Fellowship program in which young adults (age 21-30) build intentional community, work full time at social service and social change agencies, and explore themes of spiritual and personal growth with local Quakers.

QVS addresses racial, economic, and gender justice by helping partner organizations increase capacity to fulfill their missions and provide young adults with invaluable experience and training that equips them for a lifetime of social change work. QVS currently has houses in Atlanta, Boston, Minneapolis, Philadelphia, and Portland OR.

Applications for the upcoming 2022-2023 year (beginning in late August 2022) are due February 28, 2022."

Read more and apply: Check out QVS’ website where you’ll find a Fellow job description, Fellow testimonials, current service partners, and the application portal.

If you have any questions please feel free to email me at christinad@...

--

Christina Dunbar

Pronouns: she/her/hers