From: New York Yearly Meeting <communications@...>
Date: December 1, 2021 at 4:04:30 PM EST
To: MSMellie@...
Subject: Fall Sessions is this weekend! Please register & read the advance documents

View this email in your browser
New York Yearly Meeting's Fall Sessions
is this weekend

Online, December 3-5, 2021
Everyone is warmly invited to attend NYYM Fall Sessions. There will be time to conduct business, to worship together, and to gather socially over Zoom. You can find more information and view the schedule on the Fall Sessions page. You MUST register to receive the Zoom links. If you have not already registered, please do so by clicking this link.

Read the updated agenda for the business meetings this weekend. The advance documents are linked to from the agenda; please read them. You can also view them here (at the bottom of the Fall Sessions page.)

Social gatherings: On Friday evening, 7:00-9:00 p.m., there will be a Gathering to Deeply Listen; a time to gather together, listen to one another, and make connections as we live our faith and continue to build our resilience together. After an introductory activity, we will break into small groups to consider a couple of queries about ourselves, our community, and the divine. Friends will take turns to speak, listen, or hold the others in love or prayer. Then we will come back together to share thoughts and to worship together.

Social Meals: For lunch and dinner on Saturday and lunch on Sunday there will be virtual “social meals” facilitated by Dawn Pozzi and Martha Gurvich. These social meals are a chance to get together for casual conversation with other Quakers. Catch up with old friends and meet new people! Feel free to bring your food to the Zoom meeting.

Meal with Meaning: Another option for Saturday dinner is a “meal with meaning” with the Alternatives to Violence Project (AVP). Try out a “light and lively” activity, learn about AVP’s work in communities and in prisons, and find out how to become involved.

You can join Fall Sessions for as many or as few events as you wish.
Note that you must register to receive the Zoom links for Fall Sessions. Hope to see you there!
Twitter
Instagram
Facebook
Website
Copyright © 2021 New York Yearly Meeting, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
info@...

Join announcements@IMMRSF.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.